[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
some requests
a_clownDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-09, 11:41 PM | Message # 31
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Quote (Udi)
So I don't think OA is needing the oa_bases maps for promotion so badly.

And i think oa_bases is no promotion at all biggrin

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-10, 2:14 PM | Message # 32
Administrator
Group: Administrators
suggest other good OA maps :-) the map pool is not finished.

protiDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-10, 2:35 PM | Message # 33
General Advisor
am_mckinleyish2-a2
oa_reptctf3-a3
z_oasago2f9_god-final

and delete//

oa_ctf4ish
oasago2

and one or two q3 maps..

\o/ \o/

PopeJoDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-10, 10:23 PM | Message # 34
Administrator
Quote (a_clown)
Quote (PopeJo)
CPMA is quite buggy for me with OA.
runs perfectly well with ioquake.

so... can anyone give some hints on how to stabilize CPMA + OA ? a_clown mentioned CVARS in autoconfig that might cause trouble ... can you help me there?

Any errors in console when you scroll up? Missing models? Does it happen everytime you connect to a server? Have you tested both [Z] servers?

a_clown smile

PS:Why i quoted Darkal, quote is buggy smile

the message is this:

Code

----------------------
214326 files in pk3 files
Failed to load model file models/players/xaero/lower.md3
]\condump error.txt
Dumped console text to error.txt.

these missing textures with cpma+oa have also been reported in the official promode forums: http://www.promode.org/forum....#p36916

(does openarena support any mod at all, actually? not even the defrag engine works with it ... )

UdiDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-10, 11:50 PM | Message # 35
Spectator
Group: Users
Quote (PopeJo)
(does openarena support any mod at all, actually? not even the defrag engine works with it ... )

Before this reborn, there were some discussions on this board, that OSP should be used instead of CPMA, because OSP doesn't need the Q3 models. Don't know about the feature differences between OSP and CPMA, but since the leage will use VQ3 physics I guess we could use OSP.

PopeJoDate: Thursday, 2010-02-11, 8:26 AM | Message # 36
Administrator
Quote (Udi)
Before this reborn, there were some discussions on this board, that OSP should be used instead of CPMA, because OSP doesn't need the Q3 models. Don't know about the feature differences between OSP and CPMA, but since the leage will use VQ3 physics I guess we could use OSP.

OSP offers less features then cpma. if we could fix the bug it would be best.

but since the development of OSP has stoppen years before (like the development of OA), we maybe have more luck using it with OA ... I'll post here again after I tested OA+OSP a bit ..

DarkalDate: Thursday, 2010-02-11, 10:38 AM | Message # 37
Administrator
Quote (proti)
am_mckinleyish2-a2
oa_reptctf3-a3
z_oasago2f9_god-final

and delete//

oa_ctf4ish
oasago2

and one or two q3 maps..

For OASAGO, we will wait other opinions to choose a remake (and end of poll).

For OA_CTF4ISH, I keep it in ALL ROCKETS challenge and remove from all weapons.

For Q3 maps, you are right, there is a little bit too much for this Tournament. I post right now a poll about deleting of 1 of those maps.

PopeJoDate: Friday, 2010-02-12, 2:42 PM | Message # 38
Administrator
Quote (PopeJo)
Quote (Udi)

OSP offers less features then cpma. if we could fix the bug it would be best.

but since the development of OSP has stoppen years before (like the development of OA), we maybe have more luck using it with OA ... I'll post here again after I tested OA+OSP a bit ..

OSP is worse than CPMA. its not only crashing, it takes my whole desktop with it, when going down, so I don't even get a report on the erors \o/

... I don't see how we can use CPMA or OSP with OA, unless someone diggs into the MODS and sets up a server that will work for OA.

a_clownDate: Friday, 2010-02-12, 5:06 PM | Message # 39
General Advisor
Thats weird, i only have this problem with [Z] server, NOT when i open a ded-server on my laptop and join on my pc nor i join a friends game.
I can open a practice game too! I played much cpma + oa with a friend some time ago, was no problem at all.
But we all know oa fails at many points smile

MIOWDate: Friday, 2010-02-12, 7:38 PM | Message # 40
Administrator
Quote (Udi)

The main reason was the size of CPMA iirc.

With OSP we loose Unlagged and don't get anything instead. So I think we have choice only between X-Battle and CPMA VQ3/CQ3.

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

Zero_hunDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:23 AM | Message # 41
Hurt me Plenty
Group: Team Leaders
Quote (^6R^MIOW)
You can also use x-battle mod so people don't need to adjust to different netcode.

+1

In basic im not for any mod at all. There are some 'newer' clans, who will just dl the mod before match. I'm sure. After this i feel it a bit unfair.

But i must accept, some changes are needed to not to make the same mistakes.Between cpma and xbattle i would choose xbattle. The main point is, that its UNLAGGED with similare coding. Baseoa players who play xbattle the first time, would feel it more similar to baseoa than in case with cpma.

edit: it seems ive slept 2 pages over..

Message edited by Zero_hun - Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:30 AM

a_clownDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 2:57 PM | Message # 42
General Advisor
But unlagged is a big problem and makes this game unfair. (shaftonly)

Zero_hunDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 3:41 PM | Message # 43
Hurt me Plenty
shaftonly? maybe. but thats oa. dont make a q3 cup, its openarena.. try to stick to the oa things as much as we can imho.

good oa map? czest2ctf and czest3ctf are great in my eyes. =) loved to play them

StrzelbaDate: Thursday, 2010-02-18, 7:22 PM | Message # 44
I Can Win
Group: Users
good oa map? czest2ctf and czest3ctf are great in my eyes. =) loved to play them

you are kidding right? we want bring ppl back to oa not scare them away:) 2 maps from oa is enaugh

Zero_hunDate: Thursday, 2010-02-18, 9:36 PM | Message # 45
Hurt me Plenty
Lets call it q3a league 2010 (oa version) smile If ya want to advertise oa, then advertise oa, not quake

Message edited by Zero_hun - Thursday, 2010-02-18, 9:37 PM

Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024