Main | Registration | LoginThursday, 2024-04-18, 8:31 AM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
Servers config. - Page 2 - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » Servers config.
Servers config.
supergrismDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-23, 4:44 PM | Message # 16
Administrator
Group: Administrators
For the matchs password, no need to modify the config, it will be set on the fly before the match as requested.

For the rcon, can't we post it here ? Do the referees have access here ?

Message edited by supergrism - Tuesday, 2010-03-23, 4:44 PM

DarkalDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-23, 5:25 PM | Message # 17
Administrator
No. This forum is totally public.

http://oa-cl.ucoz.org/forum/73 <= here is private happy For staff.

DayiiDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-23, 6:17 PM | Message # 18
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Quote ("supergrism")
* Server will be powered by OA v0.8.5

First, I thought this would be good too. But after playing 0.85, I saw that people are getting errors sometimes (me too), e.g. kicked out of the game, ...

This would be very annoying when it happens in a league game, while in 0.81 this bugs aren't existing. But promoting an OA-version with bugs isn't better than playing with the old one IMHO.

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-03-24, 11:14 AM | Message # 19
Administrator
Quote (Dayii)
/fraglimit 5

???

My Fault.

DayiiDate: Wednesday, 2010-03-24, 12:46 PM | Message # 20
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
No problem wink

Ok, about 0.85: I talked a bit with clown who knows more about cpma, and he told me that cpma replace this and the bugs wont exist anymore. So we can use it smile

supergrismDate: Wednesday, 2010-03-24, 1:35 PM | Message # 21
Administrator
Quote (Dayii)
First, I thought this would be good too. But after playing 0.85, I saw that people are getting errors sometimes (me too), e.g. kicked out of the game, ...

I heard that a v0.8.6 patch for OA will come out soon, so better configure for the last release anyway and apply the patch when it will be available. And as a last resort, the config can still be used with older OA version, it's just that the last cvars won't be recognized.

GhostyDate: Wednesday, 2010-03-31, 12:37 PM | Message # 22
Administrator
I have an idea

how about we use OATMEAL to run the cpma mod. Since cpma needs all of its maps to run properly, and such, what if we put the mod within OATMEAL so it only reads from the maps on the server, so then all the clients need to download (if anything) are maybe the cpma skins, or a couple of sound file fixes that restore the announcer. and btw, /capturelimit isn't a valid cpma cvar, so it has no effect, we will have to set the timelimit to 20 and just end the match when someone hits 5.

PopeJoDate: Wednesday, 2010-03-31, 6:20 PM | Message # 23
Administrator
sounds good, I'll be happy to test it, if you set it up smile

supergrismDate: Friday, 2010-04-02, 1:55 PM | Message # 24
Administrator
Quote (Ghosty)
how about we use OATMEAL to run the cpma mod. Since cpma needs all of its maps to run properly, and such, what if we put the mod within OATMEAL so it only reads from the maps on the server, so then all the clients need to download (if anything) are maybe the cpma skins, or a couple of sound file fixes that restore the announcer.

Ive found some ways to run a CPMA server without the CPMA maps, but the drawback is that we can't play them at all. Im looking some more proper solutions, but for this league we won't need the CPMA maps so it should be ok I guess.

For OATMEAL, I don't understand how it could include the CPMA mod and prevent it from forcing the maps downloading on the client ?

RadiusDate: Thursday, 2010-04-08, 11:38 PM | Message # 25
I Can Win
Group: Users
Hi is possible to make server config public? I don' t know cpma and I wish to prepare our server.

BTW, is avaiable OA 0.8.5 for mac too for now? Our member uses Mac OS and he has only 0.8.1.
Thanks

DarkalDate: Thursday, 2010-04-08, 11:55 PM | Message # 26
Administrator
Don't worry, Radius, league will be played on 0.8.1. All the rest of config will be public (except admin e-mail and rconpassword), every settings will be included in CPMA for OA-CL.

heapDate: Sunday, 2010-04-11, 2:10 PM | Message # 27
Administrator
ok please lets wrap things up a little bit to have better view of things decided. because grism talked about oa0.85 and darkal 0.81 and so on.

Servers will be:

- openarena 0.81
- mod cpma (without the mappack if possible)
- 2 x ALL WEAPONS (1 x EU & 1 x US)
- 2 x ROCKETS (1 x EU & 1 x US)
- 2 x INSTAGIB (1 x EU & 1 x US)
- 2 x ELIMINATION (1 x EU & 1 x US)
- timelimit 20
- capturelimit 5

DarkalDate: Monday, 2010-04-12, 0:16 AM | Message # 28
Administrator
For ELIMINATION servers, capturelimit 8 finaly.

And there will not be 11 servers finaly ??

supergrismDate: Monday, 2010-04-12, 1:47 AM | Message # 29
Administrator
Ok guys, finally some news. Sorry for the delay, but I had a major event in my life lately so Ive stopped any of my activities for some weeks.

After hours and hours and hours (and so on...) of works and research on QVM and how Quake 3 and ioQuake3 work with them, Ive finally found the best, most proper way to have CPMA without the mappacks. Everything (and a short summary of the way Ive done it) will be pubicly disclosed soon, with the configurations for the OA-CL servers.

Now for your questions :

Quote (Radius)
Hi is possible to make server config public? I don' t know cpma and I wish to prepare our server.

BTW, is avaiable OA 0.8.5 for mac too for now? Our member uses Mac OS and he has only 0.8.1.
Thanks

Of course, everything will be public. OA-CL is kind of an OpenSource league for an OpenSource (great) game. Ive made the config with a public sharing in mind, so this means there are as much comments as I could put. For what is not commented, just refer to the CPMA doc.

About OA 0.8.5 on Mac, yes the binaries for Mac exists, just grab the full zip package that some third-party people have put on the official OpenArena forum (Mac binaries for 0.8.1 are reusable for 0.8.5) :
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3548.50
or
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Games/OpenArena.shtml

Anyway, you just have to install OA 0.8.5 on the server, and activate autodownload, and then when players with OA 0.8.1 connect to your 0.8.5 server, they will be automatically updated to 0.8.5. That's the system we will use.

Quote (heap)
Servers will be:

- openarena 0.81

Why OA 0.8.1 ? There's no problem to use that version, the config will be fully retrocompatible, but why not promote the new OA version at the same time ? I mean, there are no drawbacks or big flaws with this version to my knowledge, and it is fully retrocompatible too with OA 0.8.1 servers (Im playing with it since 1 month and no compatibility problems).

Full changelog of OA 0.8.5 :
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3548.75

So why ?

DarkalDate: Monday, 2010-04-12, 10:21 AM | Message # 30
Administrator
Quote (supergrism)
Why OA 0.8.1 ? There's no problem to use that version, the config will be fully retrocompatible, but why not promote the new OA version at the same time ? I mean, there are no drawbacks or big flaws with this version to my knowledge, and it is fully retrocompatible too with OA 0.8.1 servers (Im playing with it since 1 month and no compatibility problems).

If you are sure that everyone will not have to make hudge changes, and if you are sure that Mac players can connect without any problem, so it's ok for 0.8.5.

Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » Servers config.
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024