Main | Registration | LoginFriday, 2024-03-29, 3:56 PM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
[FIXED] GTV and OpenArena ? - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » Servers Informations » [FIXED] GTV and OpenArena ?
[FIXED] GTV and OpenArena ?
supergrismDate: Sunday, 2010-04-18, 2:33 AM | Message # 1
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Hello there,

Im finished configuring the general config for oacl servers, but I would like to add a GTV server, fully configured for. The problem, is that GTV is old, and seems to be incompatible with OA, but that's not enough to stop me wink

Currently, Im stuck at the protocol version, Ive edited the file hexadecimally to change from 68 to 71, but it seems this is not enough, and Im running out of ideas... If someone knows more about the protocol incompatibilities (in general, not only with GTV and OA).

Here is an archive with what Ive got done so far for GTV :
http://www.multiupload.com/BAOSMFNFR3

Installation :
Place all files to your openarena game folder (not baseoa, at the very root along openarena.exe)

Changes :
- Added a valid q3key (to overcome GTV check at startup)
- Added a valid productid.txt (to overcome GTV check at startup)
- Added a batch launcher
- Edited gtv.exe to convert baseq3 -> baseoa
- Edited gtv.exe to convert protocol 68 -> 71 (detected but not working, try to connect to the GTV server...)

Anyway, if I find no way, Ill post the config in 2 days max. Everything is normally configured, so the setup should be pretty straightforward for all admins.

supergrismDate: Sunday, 2010-04-18, 3:42 AM | Message # 2
Administrator
Update :

When I set sv_pure 0 on the OA server, with CPMA mod (not vanilla OA) then the GTV server connects to the OA CPMA server without a problem, and with 0 ping, meaning the connection is succesful. Else, I always get a 999 ping on connection.

I think Im half the way, now I need the OA client to connect to the GTV server. I still get the "Wrong protocol, server uses 71"
Note : OA v0.8.5 can see the GTV server in the servers list ! But not OA v0.8.1

I wonder if, instead of adapting GTV for OA, I could adapt OA via the CPMA mod for GTV...

supergrismDate: Sunday, 2010-04-18, 4:15 AM | Message # 3
Administrator
Update :
By cracking the protocol verification process in gtv.exe, the OA client can successfully connect to the GTV server, and watch a game. This is encouraging, as it means the protocol version doesn't influence how the game and network work. But this is not a proper way to do it, as Ill have to crack separately the Windows and Linux version, and code may differ.

Ok Im done for today, I continue tomorrow.

Update2 :
Finally Ive done a last test and I could isolate the nasty code : the compare is hardcoded into GTV. I can simply recode the new protocol 71 into the compare, this should be pretty straightforward for both Win and Lin applications as the code would be the same, but I think I will take just a little more time to delete altogether the check (a jump code which change depending on the plateform), so in the future it should work with ANY protocol.

heapDate: Sunday, 2010-04-18, 7:08 PM | Message # 4
Administrator
well nice idea grism. but there is one big problem with GTV... its not opensource sad

Their Licence reads:

1. Use of GTV: The following uses of GTV are prohibited:

You agree not to disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise modify GTV.

We cant just modify the GTV server and use it. Maybe we should ask permission for our project.

supergrismDate: Sunday, 2010-04-18, 7:51 PM | Message # 5
Administrator
Of course, and anyway GTV isn't necessary, just a cool plus.

I will try to contact him, but it seems the project is dead since 2003, and I think Im not the first one to try to contact him about this matter, so I think we can go along.

After all, I don't hack it to change how it functions, but to make it work.

heapDate: Sunday, 2010-04-18, 8:14 PM | Message # 6
Administrator
yes but try to contact him...

I can't get the GTV server to connect to my OA/CPMA server it keeps telling me that the server uses 71 protocol.

how did you manage that?

p.s. maybe you could connect on MSN, i would like to talk with you about some server related stuff.

supergrismDate: Sunday, 2010-04-18, 8:36 PM | Message # 7
Administrator
Ok, sent, I hope to get a favourable answer. Meanwhile, I finish my GTV editing and Ill see if I can release it publicly depending on his answers.

About how I done it, I used OllyDBG to crack the protocol check. Ive learn many things these last weeks about the undelying functionning of the Quake 3 engine while editing CPMA wink

Ok I connect in 10 min ! Let me install MSN XD

supergrismDate: Tuesday, 2010-04-20, 3:58 PM | Message # 8
Administrator
Ok I finally got GTV to work flawlessly, and with Multi-View ! :DDD

For the protocol check, client-side (OA client connects to GTV) it will never again ask about it, but server-side (GTV connects to OA server) I can't simply crack the check, because the protocol is used too to show the GTV server on master servers list, so the best bet is to update the protocol inside the GTV server.

I will give simple instructions on how to do that in the future, it's just a simple search/replace of some bytes (always the same, and you can't go wrong, so just replace all).

SERVERS CONFIG PUBLIC RELEASE SOON !

RadiusDate: Wednesday, 2010-04-21, 11:04 PM | Message # 9
I Can Win
Group: Users
Do you make it public for us? Maybe only for me? Or?

Btw nice job smile

supergrismDate: Friday, 2010-04-23, 1:27 AM | Message # 10
Administrator
It will be public for EVERYONE ! I hope this work will be helpful for the whole community, not only for OACL wink

And another exclusivity : I fixed the sv_pure 1 bug of GTV (and apparently GTV had this problem even before OA XD), and it works with CPMA as well as with vanilla OA biggrin

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 6:50 PM | Message # 11
Administrator
We have a match in 5min, H4L vs CreW, and nobody knows how the hell to connect to GTV server to watch match.....

protiDate: Monday, 2010-04-26, 7:52 PM | Message # 12
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
4 mins before an insta match supeR vs. SoS and GTV's camera is again fucked up ! sad

\o/ \o/

supergrismDate: Monday, 2010-04-26, 11:10 PM | Message # 13
Administrator
I need people to test that out, I will call for a beta test in the next few days, but the last time it was due to sv_maxclients being changed in the last minutes before the game. Ill troubleshoot that more precisely with the help of volunteers.

Message edited by supergrism - Tuesday, 2010-04-27, 2:50 PM

DayiiDate: Wednesday, 2010-04-28, 3:05 PM | Message # 14
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
it works but GTV was disabled when the match started. I dunno why, but I think if the specators which use GTV get the stream with a 30 or 60 sec delay there wont be any possibility to cheat

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-04-28, 3:42 PM | Message # 15
Administrator
Quote (Dayii)
it works but GTV was disabled when the match started. I dunno why, but I think if the specators which use GTV get the stream with a 30 or 60 sec delay there wont be any possibility to cheat

Yep that's the first reason why we disabled spectators and why we setted up the GTV server : because it has 30sec of Delay.

So that's weird that it was disabled when the match started... May be a /sv_maxclient bug ?

Forum » Informations Section » Servers Informations » [FIXED] GTV and OpenArena ?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024