Main | Registration | LoginFriday, 2024-04-19, 2:44 PM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
[SELECTION_ELIMINATION] /NIN/ vs /oaN/ - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » League Progress » Matches' Official Results » [SELECTION_ELIMINATION] /NIN/ vs /oaN/
[SELECTION_ELIMINATION] /NIN/ vs /oaN/
GerbilDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 7:20 AM | Message # 1
Nightmare!
Group: Official Referees
Nine Inch Noobs
0 (2 KAOS - 3 PRO-Q3DM6)
2 (8 KAOS - 8 PRO-Q3DM6)
OpenArena Newbs
OpenArena Newbs won.

Nine Inch Noobs :
- 5 league points for won rounds.
- 2 league points for participating Match.

Team F receive :
- 16 league points for won rounds.
- 10 league points for winning Match.

each team just so happened to have 3 people playing openarena at the same time, so we decided to get our elimination matches out of the way. We didn't organize it on the forums because we just wanted to get it over and done with. It was played 3vs3, both teams agreed.

Here are the demos:
match 1, on PRO-Q3DM6
match 2, on KAOS

Message edited by Gerbil - Friday, 2010-07-16, 10:31 AM

TinyDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 2:49 PM | Message # 2
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Hum... i don't wanna take any decisions without darkalor grism, but idk if we can count this match as a really played match...
There was no referees playing?
The problem is not that you played 3vs3 but that there wasn't any referee and the match wasn't planned on the forum...
I don't want to take a wrong decision, so i just wait for grism's opinion. <_<

protiDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 4:01 PM | Message # 3
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Thats the matter why having referees is an unnecessary bullshit at all. For me, the bigger problem would be playing 3v3.. that entirely changes game possibilities and tactics. Match format should be the only one.

But thats hard to complain about when it wasn't defined at all with all consequences and the admins themselves violated that rule knowingly.

\o/ \o/

Zero_hunDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 4:57 PM | Message # 4
Hurt me Plenty
Group: Team Leaders
Quote (proti)
Thats the matter why having referees is an unnecessary bullshit at all. For me, the bigger problem would be playing 3v3.. that entirely changes game possibilities and tactics. Match format should be the only one.

Yeah.. We are adults to play without referee. Everyone makes demos, so if there is any problem, they can show their demo and complain so..
About the 3v3 thing. Because both teams agreed i think we can count it as a played match, but giving some penalty points to both teams. (Maybe getting half of the points? or 75% or so..)

SilverDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 5:17 PM | Message # 5
Nightmare!
Quote (proti)
Thats the matter why having referees is an unnecessary bullshit at all.

i think the same, but be careful, we also need at some matches referees but when two clans agree to play without its ok i think.....

Quote (Zero_hun)
eah.. We are adults to play without referee. Everyone makes demos, so if there is any problem, they can show their demo and complain so..
About the 3v3 thing. Because both teams agreed i think we can count it as a played match, but giving some penalty points to both teams. (Maybe getting half of the points? or 75% or so..)

no penalty points, thats bullshit both teams agree to play 3vs3 so normal match....

Zero_hunDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 7:33 PM | Message # 6
Hurt me Plenty
Actual.. the football wc ended just some days ago. If netherland and spain would have agreed to play volleyball instead of football, then its ok?

Its a tournament, it has rules. Lets play the remaining matches at ql instead of oa. if my opponent agrees, then its ok? think about what is 'bullshit' and what is not, Silver..

protiDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 9:03 PM | Message # 7
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Yeah, you got a point Zero.

I wouldn't write it better.

\o/ \o/

GerbilDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 0:40 AM | Message # 8
Nightmare!
If someone requested the match of oan vs nin to be played in slime volleyball instead of openarena, I would respectfully decline(regardless of how hilarious slime volleyball would be). Problem solved.

The point is, we don't know how long we would have to continue waiting until we get all 9 people to show up. We have gotten 4 oan's to our "match" with SC at least 3 times, but we still haven't had our match because ONE =SC= decided not to show. Many of us had to re-arrange our schedules, cancel appointments, delay other real-life situations for a match that we had to delay anyways because ONE person didn't show. We have wasted many hours of OUR OWN TIME for NOTHING. This is extremely frustrating, please understand.

This match will likely be "won" by abandonment because I haven't heard from any of them for a long time. I put "won" in quotations because we don't actually win, we just get the same amount of points for a tie, for a match we would more than likely have won. We are actually being penalized for a clan that doesn't show. Is this fair?

We just want to get all of our matches done. This is just the round robin for determining how the bracket will be seeded. This doesn't even count. I don't see why we have to keep delaying and delaying when we should be able to just get through.

I can understand if it is the final or semi-final match, then that should be played 4v4 no exception, but we haven't even started the bracket.

Message edited by Gerbil - Saturday, 2010-07-17, 0:55 AM

Zero_hunDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 1:30 AM | Message # 9
Hurt me Plenty
Quote (Gerbil)
We just want to get all of our matches done.

I know, i understand. Thats why i said 'played' but with some penalty points for both of you, because however we see, you didnt stick to the rules.

BTW. There was already a match what was played 3v3 and then they HAD TO REPLAY IT. I know its summer, its hard to find time, thats why we need an other way, but lets keep the league fair.

why the hell do i care? i dont play in the league at all.

TinyDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 9:59 AM | Message # 10
Administrator
Well, @zero: i don't like thepenality points <_<

But, for me, the problem is not that you played 3vs3, or that you didn't have referee, but it's that you did both happy
And, well... i don't think it's my role to take a decision but as a lot of matches get troubles to be planned and such... i would rather accept that.

SilverDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 1:07 PM | Message # 11
Nightmare!
zero:
bullshit only for penalty pionts beacuse it is ONLY a qualification match not more and a lot of matches goes 3vs3 wink
ganja vs h4l was the match, which we had to replay but we want to to that...

think the same as tiny:
match goes right and no penalty points...

DarkalDate: Monday, 2010-08-02, 10:55 AM | Message # 12
Administrator
Ok I saw demos, this result is approved (again exception about 3vs3 ; OpenArena community is in a bad time, I see it's difficult to schedule). But for playoff matches there will absolutely NO be any exception about 4vs4 rule. Especially as proti said, 3vs3 changes tactic and possibilities..

Quote ("Gerbil")
We didn't organize it on the forums because we just wanted to get it over and done with.

It is absolutely not a problem happy Useless to mention that, the forum "Arrangements" is here only to help clans to schedule, but if you can schedule out of this forum, it's not a problem at all.

Forum » League Progress » Matches' Official Results » [SELECTION_ELIMINATION] /NIN/ vs /oaN/
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024