I have finally been able to finish a major update of the OACL servers, which should hopefully fix an important amount (if not all) the problems and bugs that were reported in the past.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of changes :
- Updated ExcessivePlus mod : 2.0a -> 2.1
- OACL is now fully compatible with official ExcessivePlus servers.
- OACL modifications are now in a separate package (so it is adaptable to any version of ExcessivePlus and even with other mods).
- Players now gets their usual nickname at first connection (no more renaming to ExcessivePlayer).
- Server advices (with E+ crontab feature).
- GTV is now fully automatic.
- 2 GTV servers for 2 GTV modes : one with multiview (the usual way to spectate), the other with ExcessivePlus TV Mode (mimics the tournament's freefly cameramen).
- You won't get renamed ExcessivePlayer anymore, you should get back your normal name automatically.
- Custom HUD support (compatible with superhudeditor, but syntax is different so results may differ, and E+ huds have more possibilities).
You can find the full list in the menu SELECT HUD.
List of provided HUDs :
ehud1 to ehud7
oa (with weapon switch bar always drawn)
- Always draw weapon switch bar via custom HUD.
- Added some custom radio sounds (try "/say &ownage.wav ^2OWNAGE!" or "/say &demonlaugh.wav ^1Mwa^0Ha^1Ha^0Ha^1Ha..." or "/say &womanlaugh.wav ^5Ha^6Ha^5Ha^6Ha...").
- Automatic anti-camp system (please feedback asap on this one, your complaints won't be listened to the day of the match ! Please test before !).
This feature can be controversial, but it should avoid/limit railcamping, flagcamping and basecamping while still giving the opportunity to defend normally.
Another thing is that it should decrease the number of complaints a lot since campers will be automatically flagged and killed if they camp too long.
Please test it without any prior cliché, and help me tweak it to enhance our overall gaming experience.
Note : anti-camp system is activated for the 3 CTF gametypes, but is disabled for Elimination.
- Elimination maplist has been updated (thank's to MIOW, [name I forgot, please remind me MIOW] and Angelica).
More infos about mapslist and download maps pack :
- Elimination mode has been reworked, now it is really working as it should be (round warmup timer = 15 and respawn timer = 7 so it gives players a break of exactly 8 seconds between each round).
- Maps rotation restaured.
- Fixed physics with pmove_fixed 1 (and there is no powerups time bug - regeneration heals each seconds as it should).
That's all folks ! Please try the servers and report as much as possible. After all, this is not our servers : it's yours.
GrosBedo alias supeR,Grism