Main | Registration | LoginFriday, 2024-03-29, 11:11 AM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
Server password and Spectators... - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » Server password and Spectators...
Server password and Spectators...
DarkalDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 2:46 PM | Message # 1
Administrator
Group: Administrators
I thought that we can, may be, post publicly the server /password for matches ?
Or make a system of invitation ??

I have no idea, I need your suggestions.... Because some people will want to watch the match, but we can't let only players' friends to take the /password.... We need to think about it and build the Servers' Rules..

BTW may be we can set the matches TOTAL PRIVATE (referee(s) and Teams' members) and, Grism, you can build the OpenArena TV Server, or something like that ??

MIOWDate: Friday, 2010-01-29, 8:01 PM | Message # 2
Administrator
Quote (Darkal)
BTW may be we can set the matches TOTAL PRIVATE (referee(s) and Teams' members) and, Grism, you can build the OpenArena TV Server, or something like that ??

Good idea, but it's unlikely GTV will work with OA since it changed protocol.

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

StrzelbaDate: Friday, 2010-01-29, 9:29 PM | Message # 3
I Can Win
Group: Users
I think one spec should be allowed for substitution if somone suddenly disconnect the other jumps in. The others can watch demos:P

protiDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 7:49 PM | Message # 4
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Quote (Strzelba)
I think one spec should be allowed for substitution if somone suddenly disconnect the other jumps in. The others can watch demos:P

Clue is that "the one substiting player" is enough for giving important infos about enemies to his own team via Mumble.

If you think people dont do that, youre absolutely wrong. wink

No specs, please, allowed should be only referees (league admins) and streamers.

\o/ \o/

DarkalDate: Friday, 2010-02-12, 1:18 PM | Message # 5
Administrator
For servers, I decided that passwords will be easy ; like cl3956 (with a random xxxx number changing for each matches). May be away the matches we should set NO password ? To let servers free to practice. YEESSS !!! I just right now have this idea :
- All OA-CL servers will be PUBLIC to practice, but can be requisitioned and password will be setted for a match.

I changed the rule 037 :

037 - The spectators allowed to watch the match should not disturb the players, they are encouraged to use /sayteam instead of /say.

into :

037 - Official League servers have 20 free spots away matches. When 8 players (4vs4) are ready for official match, and the referee is ready to watch the match, he will ask other spectators to disconnect. There is no spectators allowed except the official referee. When 8 players and referee are only, the referee will set /maxclients 9 and /map_restart. The match can be started.

protiDate: Friday, 2010-02-12, 5:17 PM | Message # 6
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
When there will be set unique passwrod for each match, which will be known only for clan players and one referee, none other can connact.. no ? So why to set /maxclients 9 ??

But it doesnt matter, at all. Just my lil observation.

\o/ \o/

GhostyDate: Friday, 2010-02-12, 8:12 PM | Message # 7
Administrator
i do realize that I kinda went inac for a bit, but... use proti's idea and make it maxclients 11

4 blue
4 red
1 ref
1 admin
1 streamer.

DarkalDate: Saturday, 2010-02-13, 4:27 PM | Message # 8
Administrator
Why not. It will depend of available ref, admins and streamers.

Zero_hunDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:35 AM | Message # 9
Hurt me Plenty
Group: Team Leaders
Quote (Ghosty)

i do realize that I kinda went inac for a bit, but... use proti's idea and make it maxclients 11

4 blue
4 red
1 ref
1 admin
1 streamer.

Thats correct. No specs from teams, 1 squad should play the match throught. But is a ref AND an admin needed? About streamers. There wont be many. :/

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 5:25 PM | Message # 10
Administrator
Quote (Zero_hun)
But is a ref AND an admin needed?

No. We will choose referees by fair-play criterias, so we will trust on all referees. But, we can allow 3 spots for spectators (3 referees, for example, 1 of them could be streamer..) or 2 admins and 1 ref.... But I think that only ONE referee should be enought : he can watch and record demo at same time.

GhostyDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-16, 4:54 AM | Message # 11
Administrator
Something I noticed from the OAC '09 is that if there is only one ref, he has to do a lot of switching and time management. But if there were two, that would leave one ref for each team, which in any case, is MORE than enough to cover all players.

But, as I am new to OA per-se I've had a couple flawed opinions, so I may be over exaggerating.

MIOWDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-16, 12:47 PM | Message # 12
Administrator
btw, there's almost no 0.7.1 servers left, so we can request returning to old protocol for 0.8.5 and if it will be successful use GTV.

But that's only temporary solution since OA will have to switch protocol in the next release again.

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

GhostyDate: Saturday, 2010-02-20, 11:14 PM | Message # 13
Administrator
something i thought of, as long as a ref has a webcam that can be pointed at the comp monitor, the game can be streamed.

would this work?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/oac-2010

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-02-21, 8:39 PM | Message # 14
Administrator
Oh yes ! It's a nice idea.

But the problem, we disallow spectators because of cheating by TeamSpeak...

GhostyDate: Monday, 2010-02-22, 0:49 AM | Message # 15
Administrator
yes, i realize that, so why not have someone stream if they wanna watch, either a ref with good bandwidth, or two people (ref and streamer) from the OAC

this is how you set things up

http://quake-live.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88

but, its all a matter of chance if they find something "good" to cheat about. In my opinion/experience, most things that they would see on ustream.tv would be 3-5 seconds lagged from the actual game, and i know that i can cap on a big map in about 8 secs with a good route, so that kinda gets rid of the cheating problem

Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » Server password and Spectators...
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024