• «
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
some requests
H4L_KneipeDate: Friday, 2010-03-12, 8:43 AM | Message # 91
I Can Win
Group: Users
Quote (MIOW)
Ridiculous is how you cannot understand simple things. This is about situation when one power up is disabled.

I dont get it...how can u disable power up's???

MIOWDate: Friday, 2010-03-12, 9:02 AM | Message # 92
Administrator
Group: Administrators
seta disable_item_invis "1"

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

DarkalDate: Friday, 2010-03-12, 12:46 PM | Message # 93
Administrator
Ok I read everything here.

1- We are here to ORGANIZE the league, not to fight (matches starts the 23 April tongue )

2- You don't have to criticize maps here. Every players can discuss during 14 years about maps : some people will like some maps ; other people will dislike.
"Oh it's small" ; "Oh it's hudge" ; "Oh I don't like this weapon, so I don't like this map, so we must to remove it from the pool"......... It's useless. We need here to find a LIST OF MAPS to let teams a large choice to have fun. Anyway, every clan will choose their favourite map. You can give your argumentation to your clan when you will choose your map to play a match.
We just must select 15 => 20 maps who are PLAYABLE and most lovely maps.

3- I remind the Forum Rules for some people. Jokes are available, but you don't need to be aggressive and disrespectfull..

4- I don't want to spell my time to forum fights, it's really useless, as I said in 1- & 2- ; we are here to organize and choose a large choice of playable maps (and not just your 6 favourite maps). Everyone here have to accept that some people like maps that you hate, and you can't say "oooooooooh not this map in the mappool" just because YOU think it's a bad map. You can't argument so much, for 1 internationnal reason : we can not discuss tastes ; the love is not really reasonable. BUT, I support MIOW, in most of his statements, who is trying to give arguments about playability & fairness of some maps.

5- Too much time is lost now. I tell you decisions I took compared to your all suggestions :
* PS37CTF is definitely replaced by PS37CTF3 (except for Elimination challenge, what do you think about it ?)
* MLCTF1BETA is definitely replaced by MLCTF1

It was decided that there is too much maps in the mappool. That's why we need to remove some maps. The only one suggestion that we need from players it's THE VOTE. Don't need thesis about "how much X or Y map is pretty nice", just vote, and everyone will vote. Maps who less loved will be removed.
Vote is still running. 3 or 4 maps will be removed from the poll (depend of number of votes).

MoNaKoDate: Friday, 2010-03-12, 5:21 PM | Message # 94
Bring it On
Quote (Darkal)
* PS37CTF is definitely replaced by PS37CTF3 (except for Elimination challenge

I think that sago and ps37 just can't be in ca mappool....

a_clownDate: Friday, 2010-03-12, 5:52 PM | Message # 95
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Quote (MoNaKo)

Same here, i never tested that, but are deathmatch or teamspawns used in ca on ctf maps? Teamspawns would suck SO hard.

Edit: ok, teamspawns are used in oa( who expected something else??? this game just sucks on so many levels biggrin ) -> well grouped teams in ca
Edit2: in cpma oasago2 is playable in CA, deathmatchspawns are used or teamspawns are transformed BUT i dont think we should play ctf maps in CA

Message edited by a_clown - Friday, 2010-03-12, 6:01 PM

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-03-14, 3:11 PM | Message # 96
Administrator
OASAGO ok. But PS37CTF could be nicely played in CA imho.

RMFDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-16, 4:10 PM | Message # 97
General Moderator
Group: Moderators
Quote (MIOW)
maybe there're some reasons why you consider ps37ctf better than ps37ctf3

ps37ctf is played fár more often than ps37ctf3, everyone is used to that map. Never saw anyone callvote for ps37ctf3, but often enough for ps37ctf. The distances are just different on ps37ctf3, the weapon layout is slightly different, and just noone is used to it. Also in the corners (not the flagplatform ones but the others) there is some platform behind the stairs and a bridge blocking the sight so you can't hide and shoot. Did I hear the word camping crossing your mind? Well the referee is supposed to track all players not to stand on the same spot for exactly 12 seconds so camping would be against the rules smile Why you would want to get behind the stairs then if not to camp? Well take cover, normally on maps you can go behind a wall or something. Here you can only go up, which puts you in a vaunrable position because you see with your eyes not with ur feet so you can't aim but you can be aimed at. Taking another route takes a few seconds which you usually don't have when the enemy is that close to the flag. Also the railgun is on the platform instead of below, giving the enemy like 2 seconds more when you spawn below + they can aim already because it's easily known where you are going to be when you get down.

Quote (MoNaKo)
Agree, ps37ctf must be replaced with ps37ctf3.
Quote (MoNaKo)
Because?

Quote (Jonas)
I don't need much time to learn new maps
I do, and besides most of us have a life too. I read that you didn't wanna argue about it, but I just note it for the others.

2 maps from oa is enaugh
Srsly? Like 2 maps from q3 is enough.. Rather none actually, but it appears some really like the q3 maps so whatever.

Quote (Darkal)
You don't have to criticize maps here.
I'm explaing why one map should be chosen and not another.

Quote (a_clown)
this game just sucks on so many levels
Little offtopic but just wondering a_clown, you are always against oa and don't want to play it. (or so you said to me on IRC and here it is again). Why are you in this leage as an advisor or play oa at all then? Not meant as an insult, just wondering about the contradiction.

Message edited by RMF - Tuesday, 2010-03-16, 4:15 PM

KaruDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-16, 4:39 PM | Message # 98
Quote (RMFl)
Quote (a_clown)
Little offtopic but just wondering a_clown, you are always against oa and don't want to play it. (or so you said to me on IRC and here it is again). Why are you in this leage as an advisor or play oa at all then? Not meant as an insult, just wondering about the contradiction.

+1 RMF. Clown you always say how OA SUCKS and QL ROCKS. Then why in hell do you spend your time here ? No offense, just curious.

Sry for offtopic.

MoNaKoDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-16, 6:09 PM | Message # 99
Bring it On
Quote (RMF)
Quote (MoNaKo)
Because?

At least because it CTF if you didn't see. And maps layout just isn't suitable for ca. Otherwise lets add fan, etc to mappool, organise duels on sago, will be nice, ye?
Why ctf3 instead of ps37ctf? Well:
1) ctf3 have better visibility
2) bs suits on that map better than regen
3) rail placement is better, not just take and go after spawn
4) no nailgun, cos it isn't TA league
All other is similar iirc. Ah and if original one is so good, why ctf3 was created so? wink

Message edited by MoNaKo - Tuesday, 2010-03-16, 6:40 PM

RMFDate: Thursday, 2010-03-18, 8:32 PM | Message # 100
General Moderator
1) ctf3 have better visibility
Didn't notice. No really I don't see much difference now I checked, but guess that's why I always found ctf3 also more ugly lol

2) bs suits on that map better than regen
I don't exactly know what bs does (it's not on many maps) so I'm not sure if I can actually say something which makes sense about it, but that item is almost never taken imo it doesn't really matter or is really minor.

3) rail placement is better, not just take and go after spawn
The rail placement isn't optimal on both versions, but as everyone is used to the ps37ctf layout I guess that would be better. Also if both teams agree you can still play on ctf3.

4) no nailgun, cos it isn't TA league
What is a TA league?

if original one is so good, why ctf3 was created so?
Because the creator probably tried to make the map better. Doesn't mean he actually did wink

a_clownDate: Thursday, 2010-04-01, 8:03 PM | Message # 101
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Quote (Karu)
Quote (RMFl)
Quote (a_clown)

+1 RMF. Clown you always say how OA SUCKS and QL ROCKS. Then why in hell do you spend your time here ? No offense, just curious.

Sry for offtopic.

-I like small communities
-I like the oa-ppl(to say it in PopeJos words: WARNING -- this is a compliment smile -- WARNING )
-I think gpl-q3 is a nice thing
-I had fun playing oa some time ago, i want it back smile

Not everything is bad in oa, but some things suck really hard. there is something messed up with the hitcode imo( lg rg mg - cheatlagged ), models suck, etc. etc.
BUT: oa + cpma = <3 and everything is fine and playable! Imo cpma is better then ql.

click smile

@Karu: Nice cat wink

BTT: ps37 is a very open map -> rail is too powerfull. On a good CA-map you can make use of every weapon. We dont want it railonly smile
And we have to use cpma in ca-challenge, oa-elimination is really buggy AND it has freespec.

@Darkal: i looked at the new mappool, im glad to see oan and other good maps in there - good job so far smile

Zero_hunDate: Friday, 2010-04-02, 12:32 PM | Message # 102
Hurt me Plenty
Group: Team Leaders
ps37 should be remover ad all. In insta it would be camp-camp-camp fest.. you cant get stop it. I dont care about the rocket part lol
in normal ctf(i hate to call it allweapons.. there is no allweapons,ftw) ps37ctf3 would be better. The most important reason is the rail, as monako mentioned. In the first version.. you spawn, get the rail and you are ready to camp. In v3(not checked the spawnpoint, blame me): spawn, go up, circlejump, go down, go a bit front, and now can you just rail the opponents base.

In CA ctf map is just madness. It would be just a campbattle. ctf maps are perfect for camping, sago and ps37 are the best example for it. Only-rail battle would suck. Its not isntagib!

TA = Team Arena there were the noobweapons included first(fakamine, na!lgun, chaingun)

The most important is the block these weapons(nail,chain,proxy) from every part of the league! From CA its just a must!

edit: under camp i meant staying and railing-railing-railing

Message edited by Zero_hun - Friday, 2010-04-02, 12:35 PM

MIOWDate: Saturday, 2010-04-03, 1:30 AM | Message # 103
Administrator
TA weapons don't work in CPMA anyway iiuc.

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

KaruDate: Thursday, 2010-06-10, 6:59 PM | Message # 104
Quote (a_clown)
Not everything is bad in oa, but some things suck really hard. there is something messed up with the hitcode imo( lg rg mg - cheatlagged ), models suck, etc. etc.
BUT: oa + cpma = <3 and everything is fine and playable! Imo cpma is better then ql.

[...]

@Karu: Nice cat wink

But for the cheatlag, it's same for everyone wink

Haven't tried Oa in cpma, but looking forward to it

And thx for cat, but I'm trying to change it to what I have at superbots.org but it won't agree to upload it dry

I don't have any requests, just that oan should be changed to oasago2 or oasago2f2(oa 0.7.1)

But I guess that's not important.

Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024