[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
some requests
a_clownDate: Saturday, 2010-01-30, 12:38 PM | Message # 16
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Hey :),

last night i played oa with MIOW and Integer, it was fun ye BUT after some ql its not hard to hit with unlagged. It feels like the hitboxes are much bigger...you hit almost every shot.
In ql lg-fights are really hard to do, in oa its just: "who shoots first". The gameplay is not balanced, unagged weapons are way too overpowered(RG,MG,LG, ok...sg not smile )
With some(a little) training ppl will get used to cpma and the games will be better.

a_clown :o)

EDIT: agreed Strzelba, 5-6 maps is perfect, you can learn 6 new maps for this league, but learn 16 new maps?

Message edited by a_clown - Saturday, 2010-01-30, 12:40 PM

MIOWDate: Saturday, 2010-01-30, 9:09 PM | Message # 17
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Though CPMA VQ3 is far away from perfect in terms of weapon balance as well. That's why they made CQ3.

Also Unlagged seems to be better for Europe vs America matches.

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

a_clownDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 1:18 PM | Message # 18
General Advisor
heya,

But it seems much better to play cpma, because cheatlagged destroys the gameplay. With xbattle we will have ultraoverpowered LG,RG,MG and other features are missing, CPMA is much better.
ChallengeQ3 is an opensource q3 client wich removes bugs: CHANGELOG AND a mode, but we can play CQ3 i dont see any problem smile

a_clown :o)

EDIT: tested CQ3 on [Z]VQ3 Tourney, cpm-like hitsound \o/ and it works great for me smile

Message edited by a_clown - Monday, 2010-02-01, 1:58 PM

protiDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 6:50 PM | Message # 19
General Advisor
Hello,

I just got to this site through the link placed on our [CZ] clan forums. Firstly, i would like to express my impression of all this nice professional work.

And now ad some points of discussion:

+1 CPMA, VQ3
+1 No Spects !
+1 Quake3 maps

About those maps, nice to see so many non-oa maps, mark of quality wink but i agree with strzelba, there could be 2 or three maps less. For most of oa players thats new stuff, regardless cpma mod and professional league's level.

Quote (a_clown)
it was fun ye BUT after some ql its not hard to hit with unlagged. It feels like the hitboxes are much bigger...you hit almost every shot.
In ql lg-fights are really hard to do, in oa its just: "who shoots first". The gameplay is not balanced, unagged weapons are way too overpowered(RG,MG,LG, ok...sg not

Yes, this is absolutely right. Unlagged gameplay sux and to kill enemy is so easy, that its getting to be rewardless and unvalued. This is one of reasons why i enjoy more QL than OA, in QL, Life has its price.

\o/ \o/

MIOWDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 8:25 PM | Message # 20
Administrator
Quote (a_clown)
ChallengeQ3 is an opensource q3 client wich removes bugs: CHANGELOG AND a mode, but we can play CQ3 i dont see any problem

Don't confuse CNQ3 (engine) with CQ3 (gameplay).

a_clownDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 9:03 PM | Message # 21
General Advisor
I wrote CQ3 for challange quake 3 :), but ur right, the bin is named cnq3 (sad there are no recent cnq3 linux-bins sad )

DarkalDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-02, 0:19 AM | Message # 22
Administrator
Quote (proti)
Hello,

I just got to this site through the link placed on our [CZ] clan forums. Firstly, i would like to express my impression of all this nice professional work.

And now ad some points of discussion:

+1 CPMA, VQ3
+1 No Spects !
+1 Quake3 maps

About those maps, nice to see so many non-oa maps, mark of quality wink wink but i agree with strzelba, there could be 2 or three maps less. For most of oa players thats new stuff, regardless cpma mod and professional league's level.

Hello,
thx for the compliment...

About maps I think we should keep some OpenArena maps, because if we play this league it is to promote OpenArena, so if we play all like in Quake III, it hasn't sense, imo.

For other points, I agree with you all, I wait for Grism's opinion to update rules.

MIOWDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-02, 0:23 AM | Message # 23
Administrator
It might be really good idea to use CQ3. Some people say it's closer to QL than VQ3 but I'm not sure. Actually I never played CQ3 for real.

Also, most of Q3 CTF leagues refused to switch to CPMA VQ3 since it became too easy to defend with better netcode and continued to use OSP.

protiDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-02, 7:05 PM | Message # 24
General Advisor
After you decide on engine and mod to play in, there could be, please, set up at least one server with that and all maps from mappool, so we could start to train and adjust in advance.

\o/ \o/

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 1:18 PM | Message # 25
Administrator
Don't worry, servers should be open about the end of February / start of March ; there will be 2 or 3 training servers.

PopeJoDate: Saturday, 2010-02-06, 1:20 PM | Message # 26
Administrator
CPMA is quite buggy for me with OA.
runs perfectly well with ioquake.

so... can anyone give some hints on how to stabilize CPMA + OA ? a_clown mentioned CVARS in autoconfig that might cause trouble ... can you help me there?

UdiDate: Sunday, 2010-02-07, 11:09 AM | Message # 27
Spectator
Group: Users
Camping is mentioned in the behavior rules, could you also regulate rocket jump and other scripts? It was forgotten in the previous leage, but some people used them and it had to be regulated after some plays.

Both oa_sago2 and oa_sago2j is displayed on the maplist, I guess both aren't allowed in one match, maybe one should be removed. Oa_bases maps should be removed, it caused some anger in the last leage. Or if not, then oa_bases7 is better than bases3 or bases5.

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-02-07, 8:37 PM | Message # 28
Administrator
Hello Udi !

As I said, I think we should keep some OA maps, to encourage and to promote OpenArena..

For RJ scripts, I want to say "LOL" because this scripts absolutely don't help players. If they don't know to play defrag, a bind to RJ will just disturb them to play well, I don't see problem with that.

a_clownDate: Monday, 2010-02-08, 2:13 PM | Message # 29
General Advisor
Quote (Darkal)
CPMA is quite buggy for me with OA.
runs perfectly well with ioquake.

so... can anyone give some hints on how to stabilize CPMA + OA ? a_clown mentioned CVARS in autoconfig that might cause trouble ... can you help me there?

Any errors in console when you scroll up? Missing models? Does it happen everytime you connect to a server? Have you tested both [Z] servers?

a_clown smile

PS:Why i quoted Darkal, quote is buggy smile

UdiDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-09, 8:16 PM | Message # 30
Spectator
Group: Users
Quote (Darkal)
As I said, I think we should keep some OA maps, to encourage and to promote OpenArena..

That's an idea I fully support, but why those two? A_clown once said on the OA boards, that if some parts of OA would be omitted, then the whole game got more professional in instant. If the gameplay of bases maps is not that great, then adding a map which is not a great map, but at least a little prettier won't hurt smile . What about the newer versions of 0.8.5? Cosmo made changes to compromise and inneryard, they got better but maybe still too big. NeonKnight made an OA version of reptctf11, it has proxmines and nailgun, but those can be replaced. Maybe pulchr finishes pul4ctf in time (he's always making great maps). So I don't think OA is needing the oa_bases maps for promotion so badly.

Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024