some requests - Page 4 - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
some requests
MIOWDate: Friday, 2010-02-19, 3:40 PM | Message # 46
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Well we actually can find some good but less known maps from http://lvlworld.com/ and http://q3a.ath.cx/

Vast majority of OA maps are just bad.

It's actually the most tough problem with promoting OA - it's too similar to Q3 sad

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

PopeJoDate: Sunday, 2010-03-07, 9:33 AM | Message # 47
Administrator
still, I got two problems with the league:

030 - To be acceptated to participate to the Clan-League, teams should match the following criteria :
- Team must to accept to participate on all 4 Challenges.

I think playing 4 gametypes eats up way too much time. If we got enough active players, this won't be a problem, but I personaly don't play instagib, don't play all-rockets and am not fond of elimitation.

2. the maplist is still horrible (HYDRONEX !!!!11) and way too big. how are we to train all that? we cant train 4 gametypes on more then 25 different maps!

ToxicityDate: Sunday, 2010-03-07, 11:03 AM | Message # 48
Group: Moderators
I agree with PopeJo! I would so like to play in the league, but with this mappool and 4 gamytypes is it not possible for me :(( Me and also RN (and I'm sure every other clan) has no time to learn so much maps for so many challenges o_O

I also don't want to play on all 4 challenges .... I don't like insta and all-rockets ... I heard also from some other clans that they don't want to play because of this rule and the maps ...

Why could be the league not like the first one?

MIOWDate: Sunday, 2010-03-07, 9:02 PM | Message # 49
Administrator
+1

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-03-07, 11:22 PM | Message # 50
Administrator
And you tell us that only 1 day before registrations ? xD

--- we have 2 months to play selection matches. Every clan must play 16 matches.
=> about 8 matches per month.. It's really not soooooo much.

--- There is NO player who can train an ALL mods ALL maps. So it's fair. That's why it could show different adaptation skills. The clan will not win because they play 24/24 in same map, same mod. The clan will win because they are versatile and can adapt their skills to different maps and different mods. Lets try it happy Because only CTF challenge on 4 different maps is really like "who play much on CTF every days win"... I want a league where really different skills is needed. Moreover, matches will start in more than 1 month.. You have time to practice a little bit (enough) to know to play some maps.

--- Ok I remove HYDRONEX :-)

DarkalDate: Monday, 2010-03-08, 0:01 AM | Message # 51
Administrator
If you think it's really very very bad and it will take toooo much time for everyone, we can also remove ALL WEAPON, INSTANT or ONLY ROCKETS..

PopeJoDate: Monday, 2010-03-08, 10:32 AM | Message # 52
Administrator
Quote (Darkal)
And you tell us that only 1 day before registrations ? xD

yeah, sry. i'm in the middle of my final exams, so i don't have too much time smile

well, in my opinion 5 maps should be enough for each gametype. ihmo a league is about skill and having well organized matches.

Quote (Darkal)
--- There is NO player who can train an ALL mods ALL maps. So it's fair. That's why it could show different adaptation skills.

ok, so our opinions differ here. smile "adaption" is not what i am interested in. it might be "fair", but playing hardly known maps (having +25 maps in the pool) leads to unorganized and tacticaly boring matches. you can't show your skills, when you can't find your base wink

DarkalDate: Monday, 2010-03-08, 6:37 PM | Message # 53
Administrator
Quote (PopeJo)
yeah, sry. i'm in the middle of my final exams, so i don't have too much time :)

Good luck :-)
Quote (PopeJo)
ok, so our opinions differ here. smile "adaption" is not what i am interested in. it might be "fair", but playing hardly known maps (having +25 maps in the pool) leads to unorganized and tacticaly boring matches. you can't show your skills, when you can't find your base wink

Dude teams can choose their favourite maps. Your opinion could be real only if maps are played randomly. When you have a good team-play, you can master maps very fast.. We must give to players a large choice of maps to make games more spicy and not to play the 240 matches of the league on same maps...

protiDate: Monday, 2010-03-08, 6:48 PM | Message # 54
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Yeah, definitely, you are right Darkal! I agree with You.

bleee
------
Hlášky mrtvý ryby,
není vám to trapný,
asi ne, vy idioti,
škola není v modě,
dneska se chodí balit,
kdo je tady chytrej,
nikdooo,
ale všichni poslouchají HIPHOP !!!
-----

S-KORe a DJ Fallkenau

\o/ \o/

DarkalDate: Monday, 2010-03-08, 7:11 PM | Message # 55
Administrator
My idioti ? quizzical

protiDate: Monday, 2010-03-08, 7:19 PM | Message # 56
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Hahm nooo....

Thats just one text from my favourite song.. just ignore it biggrin

\o/ \o/

MIOWDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-09, 4:34 AM | Message # 57
Administrator
Mappool definitely could be providing wide choice but smaller than it is now. OA_BASES3 is still on the list wacko

As for gametypes, it's a pity to play something we have no pleasure playing.

DarkalDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-09, 10:14 AM | Message # 58
Administrator
Quote (MIOW)
As for gametypes, it's a pity to play something we have no pleasure playing.

You are right, but OA is a small community, and some pleasure for one team will be not for other team... That's why I think it's good to keep 4 challenges : everyone can have fun, some people can discover new kind of fun. And it's normal if, sometimes, some clan will not enjoy some games because of map choosen or some players dislike Rockets, Insta... Some people play ONLY Insta and dislike all weapons... It really depends.

PopeJoDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-09, 2:34 PM | Message # 59
Administrator
Quote (Darkal)
Dude teams can choose their favourite maps. Your opinion could be real only if maps are played randomly. When you have a good team-play, you can master maps very fast.. We must give to players a large choice of maps to make games more spicy and not to play the 240 matches of the league on same maps...

by spicy, you mean random? no, it is not easy and fast to "master" a map. there are a lot of different tactics you can play. but in order to train some tactics, you need to know the map very well and what strategy fits on what kind of opponent can only be learned if you play much on it with different opponents. you want people to play "2 in base, 2 attack" on all maps? or even worse: just random storming and mindless chaotic fights, like on open ctf servers? there will be only simple and low forms of teamplay, if you don't allow teams to concentrate on few, but good maps.

it is not just my personal opinion, that "more maps" don't make it spicy, but more random. if you look at big leagues, like, clanbase, bibs, esl ladders and cups, kuh3liga, ... they all have a (very) small map pool. you simply can't develop sophisticated strategies, when the maps are uncommon. and its not only my opinion, but I dare to say, the widely held opinion of all leagues and players out there. can you name any other league, besides this one, with +25 different maps in the pool? ... this is typical for OA .. ignore all of q3 and ql, and act like OA is a new world of its own ... as if in more then 10 years of q3 history, everyone did the leagues wrong and OA is about the one q3 clone, that "sets things right" ... [... insert endless ranting about the many bugs in OA here ...]

..but, this all sounds way too negative.

besides being forced to play 4 gametypes and having very many maps, I think this league is pretty professional and very well planned. I think it will work out well and teams will have fun and fair fights smile

MIOWDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-09, 3:30 PM | Message # 60
Administrator
http://stickrunners.com/wp/?page_id=17#maplist
http://clanbase.ggl.com/news_league.php?lid=8757 click on Maplist.

Only 8 maps.

Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » some requests
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024