Main | Registration | LoginFriday, 2024-03-29, 0:04 AM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
4th Challenge ? - Page 2 - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » 4th Challenge ?
4th Challenge ?
Which 4th challenge you would like to see in this league ?
1.- Elimination (Clan-Arena)[ 10 ][62.50%]
2.- Team-Deathmatch[ 5 ][31.25%]
3.- Other (explain in your post)[ 1 ][6.25%]
4.- NO-ONE[ 0 ][0.00%]
Poll has expired - Wednesday, 2010-03-03, 11:20 AM
Answers total: 16
DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-02-21, 8:42 PM | Message # 16
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Hmm... Indeed the removing of Only Rockets challenge could be an idea...... But I really don't want to remove it. And ROFL ALL ROCKETS is a server very played... We can change dates (let more time, to August) and set 5 challenges ? wacko

RMFDate: Monday, 2010-02-22, 8:41 PM | Message # 17
General Moderator
Group: Moderators
hm elimination is new for me but it seems fun to play (tested with some bots today ^^), voted for that.
Another nice gametype might be insta with railjump (not rocket wink ), just a small idea.

GhostyDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 12:36 PM | Message # 18
Administrator
i do like insta with rail jumping, but is it a "league" type mod?

imagine the clans with people who still struggle at rocket jumping, they would be left behind in rail jumping, also the mod for it is completely different from any other, how would we configure the correct conditions for it?

MIOWDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 12:46 PM | Message # 19
Administrator
Elimination aka CA is also all about rocket jumping.

:: nyen :: IRC channel #nyen @ QuakeNet ::

protiDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 4:25 PM | Message # 20
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Problem is, there are no CA or TDM maps, i m also for removing Only rockets mode, it may be one of most played servers.. but it doesnt tell you anything (moreover in OA). I play there too sometimes, but only when im really bored, to train rocket aim and because super, CTF is full and instagib sux.. because all other servers are empty...

On the other hand, as you can see, people of OA are very able to adjust new modes.. you add rocket-insta mod, and suddenly you get full server. The reason why TDM isnt played much is entire lack of TDM servers and players with knowledges what to do there... explain to people where is secret clue of tdm strategy and they might find the magic of this gametype. "All rockets" is useless and hell boring... My clan surely wont participate there. TDM is serious gametype, not modification of CTF or "rocket-wall-rocket-death" gametype. OA needs a bit of seriousness, TDM strategy and teamwork could be one of first steps to raise this community up from sludge of amateurism where it is now.

Thanks for attention.

\o/ \o/

StrzelbaDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-23, 6:27 PM | Message # 21
I Can Win
Group: Users
Beer for Proti. Good speech.

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 11:35 AM | Message # 22
Administrator
Quote (Ghosty)
i do like insta with rail jumping, but is it a "league" type mod?

imagine the clans with people who still struggle at rocket jumping, they would be left behind in rail jumping, also the mod for it is completely different from any other, how would we configure the correct conditions for it?

It is the 3rd of your posts about Rail-Rockets, so I will answer you biggrin

It is a very good fun mod. It could be, indeed, in a tournament. But for this league, we now must to decide definitly. We can not set a league with 13 different game types and play until 2012 (we will all die :'( !!!!!! xD)

_____

You all have got very good ideas. But as I said right now, we must to decide finally. The poll is going on about adding another mod in plus of CTF 3 challenges. I really think we will NOT remove any CTF challenge (here, we are talking between only old experienced players, it's sure that TDM could be great for us. But check how people is happy to play INSTANTGIB, check how people is happy to play ALL ROCKET CTF... We can't remove one very played fun gametype and replace it to a pro-player serious TDM. And the vote confirm this advice).

I am shy because you really have nice ideas. I hope we will organise more tournaments and apply all ideas and set all different game types and mods for different tournaments happy

MIOWDate: Wednesday, 2010-03-03, 3:37 PM | Message # 23
Administrator
Most of the people in this thread for TDM but 2x more CA voters prefer to keep silence biggrin

DarkalDate: Thursday, 2010-03-04, 12:33 PM | Message # 24
Administrator
You are right MIOW.. But as I said, people who talk in thread are experimented and need harder challenge, so vote for TDM. And people who keep silence and vote for CA, they can't bring so much interesting arguments, but they KNOW that they have more fun in CA than in TDM biggrin

BTW RMF & me voted for CA and people who voted TDM said that they are ok with CA happy

MIOWDate: Thursday, 2010-03-04, 6:24 PM | Message # 25
Administrator
Yea, ok with CA replacing all rockets tongue

...and TDM 2v2 replacing instagib.

MoNaKoDate: Thursday, 2010-03-04, 7:50 PM | Message # 26
Bring it On
Group: Users
Quote (^6R^MIOW)
...and TDM 2v2 replacing instagib.

good idea biggrin

Forum » Informations Section » (organization archives) » 4th Challenge ?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024