Main | Registration | LoginFriday, 2024-03-29, 11:36 AM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
points system ? - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » Rules Complains » points system ?
points system ?
protiDate: Wednesday, 2010-05-26, 4:50 PM | Message # 1
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
Hello admins and all the world,

I just noticed to not entirely understand the OA-CL 2010 rules, concretely the system of points.

20 points- Victory by win : When a team win his match.
16 points- Victory by abandoning: When a team win because his opponent has abandoned started match.

This one means, we get 4 less points as normally winning team, just because some idiots from other clan haven't bothered about coming on our match ??

So we get only 16 points, but if we win in normal played match - we could get 20 points... So then we will miss needed 4 points in score sheet in our group.

13 points- Draw : When a team won 1 game of a match.

13 points for a draw ?? If I count well - 13 + 13 = 26 points, but for normal win of match, consisted from 2 games on 2 maps, a winning team gets only 20 points.

038 - If, during a match, a player is suddenly disconnected, every players must to stop moving ingame. The left player's team is allowed to bring a remplacing player immediately. If the player reconnect after some minutes, the referee is allowed to order a /callvote timelimit adding minutes left during the player absence. Or the match can be restarted if referee and both teams are agree.

This rule should be edited. We have now /timeout

\o/ \o/

supergrismDate: Wednesday, 2010-05-26, 8:32 PM | Message # 2
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Im not in charge of rules, but for me the first 2 makes sense : if you win without playing, you have less merit than fighting, so it's normal you win less points.

About draws, when you do a draw, you generally make a beautiful and interesting match, and very hard, and very long (time extensions...), so in the end, it's normal that you gain more points doing a draw : for the show.

Zero_hunDate: Wednesday, 2010-05-26, 9:18 PM | Message # 3
Hurt me Plenty
Group: Team Leaders
Quote (supergrism)
Im not in charge of rules, but for me the first 2 makes sense : if you win without playing, you have less merit than fighting, so it's normal you win less points.

About draws, when you do a draw, you generally make a beautiful and interesting match, and very hard, and very long (time extensions...), so in the end, it's normal that you gain more points doing a draw : for the show.

For me THESE doesnt make any sense.
It not fair to gain less points because of the opponent team. F.e. team A leads the group before team B with 17 points. Team B is much weaker, so to win the group they just dont go to match. Playing is worse than not playing? :/

About draws, ehm.. okay, you make an interesting game in a very hard, very long match, but if you win that match, its even better, not? Win deserves more points than draw.

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-05-26, 10:05 PM | Message # 4
Administrator
About winning by abandonment :

Take the point from another side :
Imagine you see a less-skilled team in you group get 20 points just because their opponent abandoned....
... You can not judge if you will win or not. You can not complain to have less points than 20 on a no-played match.

For draw, as grism said, when you make a draw it was difficult and balanced match. It could be like both teams won the game, it's unfair to give less points than 13.

BUT : I though about it, and may be I will make a little bit higher the abandonned matches' points (like 18 on started match, and 15 on no-played). Because when you win 5 - 0 | 5 - 0 you get at all 30 points, then the difference is too big. But I can't give played match points the same as no-played...

TinyDate: Thursday, 2010-05-27, 8:23 AM | Message # 5
Administrator
Quote (Zero_hun)
Win deserves more points than draw.

I'm not a mathematics genious but: 20 is more than 13 biggrin biggrin

But i agree with these rules, if a weaker team can make a draw with a stronger team, then they diserve enough points, and the stronger don't diserve more happy I like the way points are counted wink

SilverDate: Sunday, 2010-05-30, 10:36 PM | Message # 6
Nightmare!
Group: Official Referees
this is all shit !!!

first by abandonment :
whats that for a rule:
--> u got 16 points by abandonment but 20 for winning and 10 points by capturing all flags so we loose 14 points wtf...... i think that is a shit rule ..... i agree with proti, tiny and zero
--> i think it is better to become all points like i win this game

second to draw:
also shit:
--> it makes no sense when u got 13 points by winning one match and loosing one match wtf, so when i win i only got 20 points !!!
--> i think it is better when every team got 10 points (half the points for winning game )

a lot of teams and team leaders think like proti and tiny and zero

u should do somthing more than the 18 points .....
so i win won and on the other match i doesnt come and win the group because the opponennt need 30 points not 18 or 28 points....
thats nice
i win the league so ......
mh.......shit ruels no sense for me .......

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-05-30, 10:51 PM | Message # 7
Administrator
Quote (Silver)
first by abandonment :
whats that for a rule:
--> u got 16 points by abandonment but 20 for winning and 10 points by capturing all flags so we loose 14 points wtf...... i think that is a shit rule ..... i agree with proti, tiny and zero
--> i think it is better to become all points like i win this game

How can you say "We loose 14 points wtf" when you are not sure to win ??

Quote (Silver)
second to draw:
also shit:
--> it makes no sense when u got 13 points by winning one match and loosing one match wtf, so when i win i only got 20 points !!!
--> i think it is better when every team got 10 points (half the points for winning game )

As Grism and I said, it's difficult to make a draw. 10 points isn't enough.

SilverDate: Sunday, 2010-05-30, 10:56 PM | Message # 8
Nightmare!
Group: Official Referees
darkal u dont understand
u can see the situation so and so and i think your situation is shit because the team where is here loose this points and the team where wasnt here won this points (maybe they will win the groupe because they didnt come to this game )

and to the draw mh.... why ?? it is like in football u got half the points (3 for winning and 0 for loosing and 1 for draw for both teams)

Forum » Informations Section » Rules Complains » points system ?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024