Main | Registration | LoginSaturday, 2024-04-20, 3:25 PM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
[SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ? - Page 2 - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Informations Section » Clan-League News » [SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ?
[SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ?
IOWhipperDate: Thursday, 2010-04-29, 7:22 PM | Message # 16
Spectator
Group: Users
Hmmm.... Dunno how but when i try join on any oacl servers i reach a main menu (challenge pro mode) but no servers in server list...

What happen? smile

DarkalDate: Thursday, 2010-04-29, 8:21 PM | Message # 17
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Quote (heap)
GTV Server now joinable via the OA server browser!!!

again BIG THX to Grism

OMG Grism is not the ghost, he is the GOD haha

heapDate: Thursday, 2010-04-29, 10:10 PM | Message # 18
Administrator
whipper our servers are not plain cpma, but heavly modified version of grism. so at the moment the server browser doesnt recognize our mod oacl2010. it would only recognize plain cpma servers.

i think you might have a problem with the playermodels. so you should try this:

- when you get to the cpma main menu go to setup -> player and select a openarena model like grism or sarge.
- go to the main menu again and open up the console and type: \reconnect

hope this helps.

IOWhipperDate: Thursday, 2010-04-29, 10:30 PM | Message # 19
Spectator
Group: Users
Help is not the word.... I would say "solves" or "save" smile

It works perfectly now!! THANKS a lot heap!

Edit: Seems i can't change my fps.... it stays to 125... I know most of people use 125 all the time, but i prefer (i'm used to) 90 for instantgib... Not a big problem if i can't change it, but..... smile

Message edited by IOWhipper - Thursday, 2010-04-29, 11:21 PM

supergrismDate: Friday, 2010-04-30, 0:55 AM | Message # 20
Administrator
Sorry, I think the FPS is capped to 125 Hz so the game is fair for everyone, plus the physics are managed server-side.

But you can try to use /r_swapInterval 1 or 2 to use vertical syncing, it will probably lower down your fps.

DarkalDate: Friday, 2010-04-30, 1:20 PM | Message # 21
Administrator
I dunno if it's fair to fix to 125...... My personal example : my computer sux a lot & I usualy play with 76. On OACL, it is forced to 125, so I have only 109/110... And it's disturbing me. 125 must to be only the maximum limit.

TinyDate: Friday, 2010-04-30, 2:52 PM | Message # 22
Administrator
Hum... i agree with darkal, actually, i thin we should set the max limit to 125, but if some players don't have a good connection with 125, they can set it lower, and i think it's fair enough, you're not the best OA player because of your fps biggrin

supergrismDate: Friday, 2010-04-30, 2:59 PM | Message # 23
Administrator
Quote (Darkal)
I dunno if it's fair to fix to 125...... My personal example : my computer sux a lot & I usualy play with 76. On OACL, it is forced to 125, so I have only 109/110... And it's disturbing me. 125 must to be only the maximum limit.

125 Hz physics are enforced server-side so even if you change your FPS, it won't affect the physics (how high you jump).
So what the game does it to give you the most possible FPS at anytime.

But if you want to get a stable FPS, you can change that like in any other game, by enabling the vertical sync :

- r_swapInterval 1 or 2 or 3 etc...

This will force your graphic card to be the most stable possible (it will round up to each big value automatically, you don't have to take care particularly of the number of FPS, here it's useless).

This is the way all games do to get a stable fps (this is logical : vertical synchronisation), com_maxfps is specific to OA and Q3.

supergrismDate: Tuesday, 2010-05-04, 12:00 PM | Message # 24
Administrator
Ok, lag problems and all the other fixed:

See this thread for more infos :

http://oa-cl.ucoz.org/forum/69-298-1

Forum » Informations Section » Clan-League News » [SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024