Main | Registration | LoginThursday, 2024-04-18, 6:23 PM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
[SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ? - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Informations Section » Clan-League News » [SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ?
[SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ?
DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 4:25 PM | Message # 1
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Hello everyone.

Some people complainted to me about servers' configs & especially servers' connection.

1- CPMA is just interface : it fix ping, movment & connection problems :
====> Weapons are the same that Vanilla OA
====> Sounds are the same as Vanilla OA
====> Graphical motor IS NOT CPM but VQ3 (as Vanilla OA)
So you can't complain about adaptation because it's almost the same as normal Vanilla OA...

2- Problem to connect to server ??
Explain here your problem, we will answer as fast as we can.

We are sorry to be late on servers' configuration, we tryied to make a perfect job to avoid any problems. We will discuss to add 2 supp weeks to play selection matches because of servers' late. For 2-3 first matches, there will not be abandonning because of servers, we will fix all problems before playing any games.

If your problem is 45min of Downloading, IT IS NOT CONSIDERATED AS A PROBLEM, take 1h to launch OA-CL server to download all stuff.
(@ heap : please, if possible, post here the direct links to download OACL2010 mod & packs directly).

supergrismDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 5:38 PM | Message # 2
Administrator
There was some problems on linux with saving the client configuration, and setting the old ctf sounds var, and the model/bots loading bug at client's connection (thus disconnecting the client).

Normally, everything was fixed since today 13h smile

For all the rest, remember that this is a heavily modified CPMA to adapt to OA, so you should miss nothing from OA, nor from CPMA wink

For servers, next week the first US servers will be opened by Ghosty, after anyone will have the ability to serve an OACL server with the public release, but they'll have to notice us to make them official.

For mappacks yes sorry I forgot, Ill put them here in some minutes.

Zero_hunDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 5:41 PM | Message # 3
Hurt me Plenty
Group: Team Leaders
After connecting to the server in some seconds(when i press any key, f.e. TAB) it drops me down to the cpma main menu. After i connect back, the config get broken.. After setting everything right, i get dropped again..
Any idea why?
Thx,
zero

protiDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 6:09 PM | Message # 4
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
I was trying all servers yesterday. so I have a number of questions.

- Hows that with cg_enemymodel ? Am I able to force enemy models without need to force my own model or models of my mates in my own team ?

I changed my own model to angelyss (in vanilla OA i have to play with sarge to see brightskins of my enemies) and in console checked that enemymodels are set on "sarge/pm". So there is difference from normal OA. Im asking cuz I wasnt able to play with anyone in second team. I was alone on server.

- and second question - there is contained delag as we are used to in normal OA ? I saw cg_delag 1 in console on server in my settings.

\o/ \o/

DarkalDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 6:37 PM | Message # 5
Administrator
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION :

How to connect to GTV officialy ???

heapDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 6:56 PM | Message # 6
Administrator
as i wrote in the servers overview!

The GTV Server is for Spectators, this server does *NOT* show up in the OpenArena server browser so you have to type in the console "\connect gtv.superbots.org:30000" or just use OAcon with the link below!

Zero_hunDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 7:00 PM | Message # 7
Hurt me Plenty
Edit: ignore me

Message edited by Zero_hun - Sunday, 2010-04-25, 7:10 PM

supergrismDate: Sunday, 2010-04-25, 8:12 PM | Message # 8
Administrator
Quote (proti)
- Hows that with cg_enemymodel ? Am I able to force enemy models without need to force my own model or models of my mates in my own team ?

Of course not ! Read in the CPMA docs, I think you just have to set an empty string cg_enemymodel ""

Quote (proti)
- and second question - there is contained delag as we are used to in normal OA ? I saw cg_delag 1 in console on server in my settings.

All OA vanilla values are included in the server because the server can both run OA vanilla and CPMA. But for CPMA there are others values, they will be disclosed in an advised client config soon, but don't be afraid the delag is enforced server-side by CPMA even if you have not set it wink

supergrismDate: Monday, 2010-04-26, 11:15 PM | Message # 9
Administrator
Lags problems was confirmed by some other players. This is a random bug, hitting only a few, so I suspect a bad configuration client-side, but I will further investigate.

My deepest apologies to you all.

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-04-28, 2:40 PM | Message # 10
Administrator
Little question, how do you choose which server is spectated by GTV server ?? Because, for example, sunday I think there is about 6 matches scheduled, and may be some matches will be played at same time, so what's about GTV ?

DayiiDate: Wednesday, 2010-04-28, 3:08 PM | Message # 11
General Advisor
Group: Advisors
in gtv you can write in the console which game you want to spectate, depending on the Servernumber, e.g. you write /gtv_watch 2 for the allweap server, 4 for rockets...

DarkalDate: Wednesday, 2010-04-28, 3:28 PM | Message # 12
Administrator
Quote (Dayii)
in gtv you can write in the console which game you want to spectate, depending on the Servernumber, e.g. you write /gtv_watch 2 for the allweap server, 4 for rockets...

Awesome !

But it's only when you are Admin ?

Zero_hunDate: Wednesday, 2010-04-28, 6:50 PM | Message # 13
Hurt me Plenty
no, it works for everyone smile

supergrismDate: Thursday, 2010-04-29, 5:24 PM | Message # 14
Administrator
You can choose which game to spectate, so multiple games can happen at the same time.

Another thing : by default, you will automatically watch the game where there are the most people, but spectators can always change the game they spectate. I thought it was better since 2 matchs are unlikely to happen at the same time in our league, but I can change that if you want.

heapDate: Thursday, 2010-04-29, 6:01 PM | Message # 15
Administrator
GTV Server now joinable via the OA server browser!!!

again BIG THX to Grism

Forum » Informations Section » Clan-League News » [SOLVED] OA-CL Servers PROBLEM ?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024