Main | Registration | LoginFriday, 2024-03-29, 7:14 AM
OpenArena
Clan-League 2010 website
Playing on own server when copying the config - ForumWelcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum » Informations Section » Servers Informations » Playing on own server when copying the config
Playing on own server when copying the config
RMFDate: Thursday, 2010-04-15, 9:48 PM | Message # 1
General Moderator
Group: Moderators
May we play on our own server when we would mirror the config, only changing the name? If the other team agrees of course to prevent any complaints afterwards. I was just thinking about planning the matches, and likely most want to play on sunday (the only day all our squad members can play), so the servers will be busy on sunday. If we could just play on our server, problem solved.

Btw the config could be published without rcon. We'll set one and give it to the referee who changes it to the real one (if you can change rconpwd with rcon, never tried really). I only got ftp access to our server so there is no way any of us would be able to see the rcon after it changes.

edit: just read this

I hope that servers' admins will open all 8 (or 11) OA-CL servers for the 23th April

Didn't know we would have that many servers smile Still it would be really nice to have our own server as well, saves time scheduling.

DarkalDate: Friday, 2010-04-16, 0:04 AM | Message # 2
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Personaly I don't really see any problems, if we can control that whole config has been copyied.

But I still wait servers ON, from our admins..

RMFDate: Friday, 2010-04-16, 0:25 AM | Message # 3
General Moderator
Group: Moderators
With rcon you can just check some vars (and don't tell me which ure gonna check) ^^

Forum » Informations Section » Servers Informations » Playing on own server when copying the config
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024