Im making a first draft of a general servers configuration right now which can be used as a base for all servers, and customized to the needs (but normally there should be no need to, read below).
First, I would like to personally thank the people who helped me (a lot !) to find the right answers to the right questions :
* Daywalker (Dayii)
* Any other I may have forgotten (sorry then…)
Here are the objectives and constraints this config will try to respect, and how I think I'll technically do :
- Be as fair as possible for everyone :
* Server-side physics (FPS-independant integrated in CPMA AND OA v0.8.5)
* CPMA anti projectile lag for a better delagging (particularly in matchs EU vs USA)
* CPMA super HUD editor so anyone can customize one's HUD with the full power of CPMA but without the need of any technical knowledge.
- Accessible to anyone (autodownload and client configuration)
* Only CPMA core mod (about 7 MB) is downloaded client-side except if you want to play a CPMA map.
* Server will be powered by OA v0.8.5 but OA v0.8.1 will be able to connect by autodownloading new content and after the clients will still be able to connect to v0.8.1 servers (thank's to the retrocompatibility).
* CPMA super HUD editor (look above for more infos).
* (maybe) a default CPMA client config will be auto downloaded (need to be discussed to see if really necessary when everyone can get the super hud editor).
* Auto map pool rotation, so players who want to train only have to connect, set gamemod and callvote next map to train on all maps of the league.
- Promote last OA version (v0.8.5)
* All servers will be powered by OA v0.8.5.
* The config will include most of the main objectives directly on OA (like FPS-independant physics), so games can even be played without CPMA if needed.
* Use the new OA features like the Killing Sprees.
- Easy servers setup
* One config for all.
* One map pack to put in baseoa.
* All the mods will be configured via CPMA modes feature (just need to callvote and load the right mode).
- Respect the OA spirit and gameplay
* No damage change.
* No fast weapon or double-jump or other "pro-features".
* No Promode physics, only VQ3 (can be easily changed in the config for future promode challenges, but in this league no callvote for promode will be allowed).
Note about CPMA super hud editor : it needs to be modified and recompiled to modify baseq3 to baseoa and quake3.exe to openarena.exe (the best would even to leave the choice to the user so other games based on Quake3 could use it). If someone can do it, it would be highly appreciated, else I will but I risk to be short on time for this week.
Ok that's all. Feel free if you have any question or comment to make about that.
/EDIT : One question : do you want the config to be opensource and available to everyone ? I think this would be great to make an opensource league for an opensource game…